Change of distributor from Polarspeed to Movianto
Sanofi Pasteur is committed to providing you with quick and easy access to our vaccines and excellent customer service through our dedicated field-based team of Vaccine Account Managers (VAMs), telephone support team and one-stop digital platform.
As part of this commitment, we have made the decision to change our distribution partner from Polarspeed Distribution Ltd to Movianto UK Ltd, an experienced vaccine distributor, effective 1st April 2019.
We firmly believe our new partnership with Movianto will help us evolve and innovate our service offering so we can continue to provide comprehensive services and meet the changing needs of our customers.
We would like to reassure you there will be no change in the level of service you currently receive or the costs associated with delivery.
Movianto is an experienced vaccine distributor
- Movianto operate a robust and resilient operational network, upholding the European standards of Quality assurance.
- Movianto are a fully healthcare dedicated company, which cover 11 countries across Europe.
- Movianto supported the adult flu programme for over 1000 GPs in Scotland. They have also supported the childhood vaccination programme for over 16,000 delivery points.
Movianto continues to invest in their UK capabilities
- Movianto are investing and developing their infrastructure and service offerings in the UK, including the construction of a brand-new facility in Haydock.
- This ongoing investment will continue to strengthen Movianto’s nationwide operational coverage.
Movianto is present across the UK
- Movianto has a network of 10 warehouses spanning the UK, which are Good Distribution Practices (GDP) temperature controlled containing special storage units and efficient quarantine systems.
- Movianto has a fleet of 250 owned vehicles, which all possess capabilities to maintain dual temperature control and monitoring.
Questions and answers
- What is the reason for the change in distributor?
Sanofi Pasteur is committed to providing excellent customer service through our team of dedicated field-based vaccine account managers, our telephone support team and our one stop digital platform. As part of this commitment, we have reviewed our distribution capability and made the decision, to change our distribution partner from Polarspeed to Movianto, from 1st April 2019. We firmly believe that our new partnership with Movianto, an established vaccine distribution company, will allow us to continue to deliver excellent customer service.
- When will the change take place?
Over the past few months, we have been working with Movianto to ensure a smooth transition. The transition will be fully effective on the 1st April 2019.
- Will there be any changes to delivery times?
The delivery service will mirror your current service, so you should not see any significant changes. Movianto will work to the same delivery schedule, to recap:
- Daily orders received before 16:30 will be delivered in two working days
- Seasonal and standing orders will be delivered within the specified week.
- Will I be able to track my orders?
Currently you are unable to track orders, we are working with Movianto to bring this function to our customers.
- Will the packaging change?
All packaging will be quality and Good Distribution Practices (GDP) approved, but you will notice a minor change in the boxes.
- Will there be any change to the ordering process?
No, there will be no change to the ordering process.
- Will there be a change to carriage costs?
No, there will be no change to carriage costs.
- Will there be a change to the geographic coverage?
No, we will continue to cover the whole of the UK.
- How is Sanofi ensuring there is no impact on patients?
As a reliable partner, Sanofi Pasteur is committed to supporting public health goals and individual protection, and ensuring patient safety. Over the past six months we have been working on the transition to a new partner and are confident there will be no impact on patients.
- This delivery transition is occurring at the same time as Britain plans to leave the EU. Will Brexit impact the delivery service?
Our main priority as Britain prepares to leave the European Union (EU) is to ensure people in the UK have continued access to the medicines and vaccines they need. We have reviewed our stockpiling plans to meet with the Government’s specific guidance and increased an additional six weeks' supply for many products.
- Will this impact any Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) requirements?
No, there will be no change to any obligations required in relation to Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) processes.
Date of preparation: March 2019 | SAGB.SA.19.03.0456